- This event has passed.
Quilt In at Meraki Studio (no evening meeting)
January 3, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
• It will be one day: Thursday, January 3, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., at Meraki Studio at 30 CutlerStreet in Warren. Kristin Meranda is one of the owners of Meraki and has made the studio space available for our use. Thank you!
• Meraki has six Elna sewing machines available (full size) and four small Brother sewing machines(used for kids’ classes) available. If you would like to use one of their machines, you must RSVP to Gail via email.
• Meraki is on the second floor, Suite 220A. There is no elevator, but if you need help transportingyour gear upstairs, just ask! Here is Gail’s cell phone number: 415-516-0602 and here is Kristin’s:401-743-6790. They can meet you at the “tower” entrance on Cutler Street.
• There is also a conveyor belt accessible from the rear parking lot. Meraki uses this regularly totransport things upstairs. Again, just call if you need help at the loading dock. You may want to park in the rear parking lot anyway, because there will be more room.
• We are using the studio space from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
• You do not need to stay all day. But, we would like to get a head count, so please shoot Gail an
email to let her know if you plan to attend.
• Meraki has comfortable sewing space for 24 people, with machines. There are chairs for a total of30; if you have hand sewing, you wouldn’t need a table.
• There are several design walls, so you can lay out your quilt blocks, and a large cutting table as well. If you need to layer a quilt, we can arrange some space to do that.
• Meraki is located steps away from Tom’s Market, in case you want to buy food at the deli. Thereare also multiple restaurants within walking distance as well as restaurant delivery options.
• We don’t have plans at this time to work on a group sewing project (e.g., disaster closet quilts).Bring your own projects to work on – the difficulty may be selecting just one!
• Remember – no evening meeting on Thursday, January 3. This is an alternative to that meeting.• As of today, the forecast is for no snow – but, of course, that could change. Watch the Facebook
page and our Instagram account for weather alerts.