Quilters by the Sea, Inc. (QBS) welcomes new members. Annual dues are currently $35 per year and are payable in September.
Dues must be paid in full in order to display a quilt in the guild’s biennial quilt show*. Dues help to pay for guest speakers at our monthly meetings, quilt show, and help support other charitable organizations such as the New England Quilt Museum. See the QBS Revised and Amended Bylaws for more information about our structure and by-laws.
To join, please download the QBS New Membership Application and return it with a check to:
Quilters By The Sea, Inc.
P.O. Box 708
Portsmouth, RI 02871
When you join QBS you join a group of people dedicated to sharing their knowledge and talent with quilters of all skill levels and who strive to preserve this age-old tradition. In addition, your membership provides many more benefits:
- National guest speakers
- A wide variety of programs showcasing different quilting techniques
- Free attendance at 10 monthly meetings throughout the year
- Invitation from QBS or other guilds to attend retreats dedicated just to quilting*
- Multiple opportunities to participate in community service projects
- QBS members often receive discounts at quilting shops
- Opportunities to attend quilting events and shows
- A Zoom quilt-in in February
- Monthly open sew sessions at the Middletown and Bristol Public Libraries*
- Participation in various guild activities and fat quarter and fabric exchanges*
- Door prize(s) awarded at each meeting*
The best thing your membership provides is friendship with people who share your passion for quilting.
*Please note due to COVID-19 monthly meetings are held via Zoom and many of the in-person activities and are postponed.